Excel Cleaning recognises and accepts its responsibilities for caring for the environment, and concerns itself with both the long term and short term effects of its business in relation to the environment. The object of this policy is to provide a framework around which we can promote an environmentally responsible approach both in terms of the cleaning agents used and in handling waste disposal so a safe and healthy working environment can be developed.
As an employer we recognize our business has a potential to impact on the environment. It is our policy to minimise the use of harmful products and to use environmentally sound products and procedures wherever possible.
It is policy to liaise and co-operate with our clients and staff to ensure that our services provided and requested are assessed for environmental impact. Where appropriate we will recommend and endeavour to implement cleaning and waste removal practice which includes recycling.
Excel cleaning recognises its obligations to ensure that the environment is not adversely affected by our activities. We are committed to non harm to the environment and open to new processes and practices that have a positive environmental effect.
We will take the following measures as set out below, as far as is reasonably practicable, to meet our environmental responsibilities, paying particular attention to:
- Use of environmentally friendly equipment.
- Safe arrangements for use, handling & storage & transport of equipment & materials.
- Provision of information, instruction, training & supervision to allow employees to contribute to environmental upkeep at work.
- Revise our processes & practices to incorporate environmentally beneficial equipment & materials.
- Observe & comply with legislation relating to the environment.
- Maintain environmental communication to all employees, & encourage employees to bring environmental issues to the attention of management and colleagues.
- All employees are required to comply with this policy. Non-compliance will be considered a disciplinary matter.